Basic concepts: tracking with Ubiqod
Ubiqod lets you track on-site work, processes and assets with QR codes or IoT-devices. It allows you:
- to get in touch with your teammates or clients in context: collect information on site, check arrival/departure, collect a feedback, provide guidelines...
- to verify the geolocation of the user and / or the identity of the teammate (based on personal PIN code)
What is a Site?
Site is a geolocalized place where trackers are installed to track work on the-field or assets.
Thanks to the position of the site, Ubiqod can check whether the user is at the desired location or not.
What is a Tracker?
Tracker is an equipement set up on a site to interact with teammates or customers.
Ubiqod provides different equipements to track on the field:
- Ubiqod Keys
IoT-devices are connected buttons working with 0G networks (Sigfox, Objenious, LiveObjects, TTN...).
Skiply compatible IoT-devices can be personalized according to your use case and the company's graphic charter. You can test Skiply compatible IoT-devices by using the "Demo-device" available in your Ubiqod account.
Custom Qods are printed QR codes configured to provide different types of user interaction.
When scanning the QR code you can provide one of the following
- Compose a code / Enter a numeric value
- Select an option in a list (use Code Lists to set up options)
- Redirect to a page (use Redirect links to set up the page)
You can also add a
Qod condition to collect data for controls:
- Get user's GPS position (to check if user is on Site)
- Ask user to enter a PIN code (to check if the code is valid or not)
If you want to re-use a Custom Qod configuration, you can save it as a Qod template.
Inventory Qods are printed QR codes configured to provide a simple solution for inventory management.
Inventory Qodswork with monday.com Work OS, but we are working to extend possibilities with oter Apps.
When scanning the QR code you can enter a new stock value for an item. This Qod is linked to your part reference in your inventory monday.com board.
You can activate geofencing, if you want to check user's GPS position (to check if user is on Site when scanning the QR code).
Ubiqod Keys are devices that can be configured in the same way as Qods but feature a Skiply patent to ensure that people scanning the code are actually where they pretend to be.
What is a Point of Feedback?
Point of Feedback enables to easily manage a QR code customer survey. You can place these "Feedback Points" at strategic places in the customer journey, and thus improve your service quality without fear for your online reputation.
When scanning the QR code, the customer first rates your service, then he is redirected according to the score given.
The paid version offers smart redirections, to present different contents according to the level of satisfaction of the users: to a public review site when they are satisfied, or to a promotional page for others.
What is a Dispatch group?
When a tracker is used, time stamped data can be dispatched to several App. Each
Dispatch group is linked to one or several App and routes data.
When connecting Ubiqod to your PowerAutomate Flow, your Zap or any other App, you must select a
Dispatch group to set up your trigger.
Available fields for configuration
When you configure your connection to Power Automate, Zapier or GSheet, the following fields are available to feed actions:
- Identifier: identifier of the Qod or IoT-device (s/n)
- Qod or IoT-device label: label of the Qod or IoT-device
- Action value: code label or raw value if no such code defined in the related code list (button index for IoT-devices if no such code defined)
- Site Label: Site name the Qod or IoT-device is linked to
- Timestamp: datetime of Qod scanning or IoT-device message transmission
- Number of presses: only for IoT-devices, number of times the button was pressed
- Site Id: Site Id the Qod or IoT-device is linked to
- On-device condition: 1 if condition is valid, 0 if not – For IoT-device: condition is valid when magnetic badge has been swiped / For Ubiqod Keys: condition is valid when dynamic QR code has been scanned from the device and validated by the Ubiqod server
- Customer contact email: email of customer contact defined on Site
- Customer contact phone: phone number of customer contact defined on Site
- Site manager email: email of site manager defined on Site
- Site manager phone: phone number of site manager defined on Site
- GPS condition: 1 if condition is valid, 0 if not – condition is valid when the user GPS position is under the validation distance from the site position, 0 if not or if the user refused to give his position
- Code condition: 1 if condition is valid, 0 if not – condition is valid when the entered code is defined in the related code list
- GPS value: if available, GPS coordinates of the user’s position
- Validation code value: if available, validation code label or raw value if no such code defined in the related code list
- Custom field 1: only for Qod with a form, value of field #1
- Custom field 2: only for Qod with a form, value of field #2
- Custom field 3: only for Qod with a form, value of field #3
- Custom field 4: only for Qod with a form, value of field #4
Code lists are business referentials used to configure Trackers. You have to define code lists to customize your Actions and/or Conditions in Qods:
- define a set of PIN codes and labels
- set a list of choices
Redirect links enables to set up a redirection url that embeds Qods metadata as parameters. It is used to configure Custom Qods with the "Redirect to a page"
Qod templates are Qod configurations that have been saved as templates in order to be used for bulk creation of Qods by Site.
Custom tags are used in combinaison with the monday.com App "QR code item tracking" to update a text column.